Questions?   Ask Me!
Taking the Steps to Clear Your Name

If you have had a case dismissed, you may be surprised or disappointed to discover that you still have a criminal record that can cause you problems for years to come. When you want to get a job, get a loan or even get a new place to live, your potential landlord, lender or boss will see that you had been arrested.

This is where an expunction or a petition for non-disclosure can be useful for you.

I am Dave Howard, Attorney at Law and I can work to help you clear your name. Whether you need to protect your professional future, or you simply want to make sure that your record isn't tarnished by an unfair or dismissed accusation, I will fully explore your options. I have been helping clients in Williamson and Travis Counties since 1993, and I can help you.

As you fill out an application for employment or a loan, you will almost certainly see a question about your criminal record. You are often required by law to indicate whether you have been arrested or convicted of a crime.

I will help you legally answer no to those questions.

Expunction Texas citizens who have been arrested for a crime can file for an expunction if their case has been dismissed or they have been found not guilty. Without an expunction your criminal record will still reflect an arrest.

Petition for Non-Disclosure Non-disclosures are broader than expunction, and are available to citizens who may have received probation with no judgment of guilt. While a non-disclosure will still be visible to law enforcement, your record is hidden from potential employers or lenders.

Working with a lawyer, you may have a legal option to clear your record and protect your name. I can sit down with you, review you criminal record and provide clear guidance on what options are available.

Schedule a free initial consultation with my office online by completing the form at the top right of this page for your free consultation or by phone at 512-218-7999. Let my office help you clear your record.

(This message is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. Each case is different and you should talk to an attorney of your choosing.)